.NET Web App Developer Job Description
Map of Ag is a global pioneer in agricultural analysis and modelling technology. We provide expert
knowledge and insight to agriculture and food chain industries from our offices in the UK, Argentina and New
Providing access to intelligently sourced data and information from farms, we enable businesses within the
agriculture industry and food chain to maximise the impact of planning and decision-making.
We are a young and exciting technology company building a web-based platform for managing and using
data in the agricultural sector.
Following the acquisition of Precision Decisions at the start of 2019, we’re now expanding the team to
accelerate the development and integration of our services.
Precision Decisions Ltd. provide a variety of products and services to the agricultural sector, including soil
sampling, sensor technologies, farm consultancy services and a range of software solutions for our clients
and partners principally through its MiFarm platform.
The majority of the role will revolve around the development, improvement and expansion of the Precision
Decisions MiFarm suite, a client-facing portal which provides various online digital mapping services to our
clients and partners. This will include work on the Innovate UK funded Hands Free Farm project for the
control and monitoring of autonomous machines.
The role requires development of software modules that integrate with MiFarm and feed data into the
platform, further interpreting the data these modules push to the platform. The function to push data back
to remote machines for their control will also be required.
You will be involved in:
– Improving and Integrating existing web apps across the business
– Translating user stories and wireframes into high-quality frontend interfaces
– Developing reusable components and libraries for use across solutions
– Supporting product development and tenders through quick prototyping of new concepts and ideas
Required Technical Skills
– Experience implementing web apps in ASP.NET(C#)
– Experience developing web views using Bootstrap, HTML5 and CSS
– Passion for writing clean, modular, reusable and maintainable code
– Experience of integration with third party APIs
– Experience working with relational databases; we use MySQL
– An ability to optimise and profile performance and usage
– BSc degree in relevant subject or equivalent industry experience
Desirable Technical Skills
– Experience working with Google Map APIs
– Experience working with AWS
– Experience of ASP3/VB, Python, PHP
– Familiarity with Windows Server and IIS
– Comfortable with code versioning tools, and peer review; we use Git and BitBucket
– Familiarity with build automation and tooling; Gulp; Webpack; NPM
– Good communication skills and excellent command of English
– Work collaboratively with colleagues to solve problems
– Be organised, take the initiative and work effectively to meet deadlines
– Ability to work to a very high standard in demanding situations with tight deadlines
– Ability to work equally as well within a team and independently
– Bonus points if you have any experience in agriculture
You would work from our company offices in York (YO30 1BS)
The position may involve some travel to other company offices and occasional client meetings.
Dependant on experience.
How to Apply?
If you’re interested, please apply at https://postmyjob.co.uk/job/net-web-app-developer/